675 McDermot Ave
Winnipeg, MB R3E 0V9
tel. (204) 787-4145
fax (204) 775-1684
Radiation Protection Services is a department of Medical Physics, CancerCare Manitoba (CCMB).
We are responsible to the Government of Manitoba, through the Office of the Chief Medical Office of Health and CancerCare Manitoba, to provide leadership on the radiation protection responsibilities that fall within the regulatory jurisdiction of the Province. Our expertise includes matters associated with ionizing and non-ionizing radiation.
- administration of the Manitoba X-ray Safety Regulation 341/88R, pursuant to the Manitoba Public Health Act
- consultations, in-services and shielding specifications for x-ray applications
- consultation and device surveys related to non-ionizing radiation protection
- radioactive source leakage testing on a fee-for-service basis as a CNSC accredited leakage testing and analysis facility
- gamma meter calibration on a fee-for-service basis as a CNSC radiation meter calibration facility
- general consultation, advice and training to the public on matters related to radiation safety
- post graduate course delivery through the academic program of CCMB.
X-ray Machine Registration
Provincial regulation requires that all x-ray equipment must be registered with Radiation Protection Services.