Patient's Rights and Responsibilities
CancerCare Manitoba is committed to providing comprehensive patient care of the highest quality. We feel you should be aware of your rights and responsibilities.
|You have the right:
||You are responsible for:
- To high quality care by competent personnel.
- To respect, honesty and integrity by all persons involved in your care.
- To know personnel will respond to your requests as fully as possible.
- To know the names and functions of all members of your health care team.
- To have complete, current information about your diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis in a manner you can understand.
- To participate with the health care team in decisions that concern your treatment plan, care and well being.
- To be advised if you are to be contacted for a research project and the right, without reservations, to decline entry into a research project.
- To be examined in an environment that is private and of reasonable comfort.
- To openly express your concerns and receive a response about the confidentiality of your personal health information.
- To have your medical information managed in compliance with the Personal Health Information Act of Manitoba (PHIA).
- Providing, to the best of your ability, complete and accurate information about your health.
- Reporting any changes in your condition that are unexpected and/or sudden.
- Letting staff know when you do not understand information given.
- Following, to the best of your ability, the treatment plan decided on by you and your team.
- Keeping appointments, or contacting the clinic if you are not able to do so for any reason.
- Being mindful of other patients' rights and respecting property belonging to the clinic or other people.
- Informing your health care team if you are consuming herbal products or other supplements to ensure that you are not using something that might interact with your treatments.
If you have any questions or concerns about your rights as a patient,
feel free to contact the Patient Representative at 204-787-2065.