>> click here
CCMB's Patient & Family Newsletter
Your primary nurse can refer you to Home Care for services like nurses, homemakers, or health care aides — and for equipment to help you manage at home.
In Winnipeg, you can contact the Home Care Intake Line at 204-788-8330. Outside of Winnipeg, you can call Health Links-Info Santé at 1-888-315-9257 to obtain Home Care contact information for your local region.
The mandate of the Home Care program is to provide effective, reliable and responsive community health care services to support independent living.
Home Care programs include:
- Long Term Programs (more than 60 days)
- Short Term programs (less than 60 days)
- Dialysis and Ostomy (provincial-basis handled by Winnipeg)
- Community Intravenous Therapy
- Specialty services such as respiratory, children's and palliative care programs.
Home Care services include:
- Personal care
- Counseling/Problem Solving
- Household assistance
- Respite/Family Relief
- Occupation Therapy Assessment
- Physiotherapy Assessment
- Referral to other agencies
- Coordination of internal and external services in the community
Who is eligible for Home Care?
Individuals must be:
- a Manitoba resident
- registered with Manitoba Health
- require health services or assistance with activities of daily living
- require service to remain safely in their homes, and
- require more assistance than available from existing supports and community resources.