Ingvar Fife, Ph.D.
Ultrasound and MR Specialist:
Daniel Rickey, Ph.D, MCCPM
X-ray, CT and Mammography Specialist:
Idris Elbakri, Ph.D. MCCPM
Nuclear Medicine Specialist:
Samantha Eustace, M.Sc., CCPM
X-ray and CT Specialist:
Harry Ingleby, Ph.D. MCCPM
Diagnostic imaging plays a major role in Healthcare and the Imaging Physicists give support to diagnostic imaging departments throughout Manitoba. We work closely with the radiologist, physician and radiation technologist to ensure that the medical images obtained are the best that can be achieved.
The Physicist's expertise includes equipment specification and testing, quality assurance, optimization of techniques for clinical procedures, research and development and teaching.
Our professional standards are defined by the Canadian Organization of Medical Physics and the Canadian College of Physicists in Medicine.
The function of Imaging Physicists is to:
- Optimize the imaging characteristics of diagnostic imaging equipment.
- Provide technical expertise to purchasers of imaging equipment.
- Provide independent technical advice to Manitoba Health with respect to imaging equipment.
- Provide physics education to physicists, physicians, graduate students, technologists and residents.
- Perform research in medical imaging physics